Summer School: Global Reproductive & Maternal Health
When?Start time: Monday 09:00 (09 July)
End time: Friday 18:00 (13 July)
Summer school Reproductive & Maternal Health: a Global Perspective
How can we reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality? What is the role of reproductive health services such as contraceptives, safe abortion and infertility treatment? How do societal factors affect women’s health outcomes, including social determinants, gender dynamics and human rights? What is the impact of cervical cancers on the health of women of reproductive age around the world? What interventions work, and how do national and international policies impact outcomes? How do the Sustainable Development Goals relate to maternal and reproductive health issues?'
These questions and many more will be discussed during the summer school with an international group of participants and faculty.
An international faculty with hands-on clinical, research and policy experiences around the globe.
This course is organized by the UMC Utrecht (www.globalhealth.eu) in collaboration with the Dutch Working Party for Safe Motherhood and International Reproductive Health (www.safemotherhood.nl).
Master’s level students (Medical/global health/public health/biomedical sciences/), medical doctors and health researchers with an interest in women’s health in a global context.
- Introduce participants to key challenges in reproductive and maternal health globally.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of strategies to improve reproductive and maternal health outcomes.
- Discuss the role of the Sustainable Development Goals, social determinants, gender dynamics, human rights and policy to improve reproductive and maternal health outcomes.
• € 500 / 750 - Course + course materials*
• € 750 / 950 - Course + course materials + housing*
*For medical students and participants from low- and middle-income countries: 500 euro (excluding housing)
- 1.5 ECTS (UMCU/UU accredited)
- Continuous Professional Education (nascholingspunten) AIGT will be applied for.
Course coordinator: Prof. Dr. Kitty Bloemenkamp
More information and registration: https://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/courses/life-sciences/reproductive--maternal-health-a-global-perspective
Upcoming events at UMC Utrecht International Office
Summer School: Child Health - A Global Perspective
Monday 00:00 (20 August)
UMC Utrecht International Office, Utrecht
Events around UMC Utrecht International Office
Training werken met gesprekken (ervaringsdeskundige coach 2018)
Thursday 10:00 (06 September)